IMS Engineered Products has an excellent opportunity in our Maintenance Department for a Maintenance Technician. The ideal candidate will perform mid to expert level mechanical, electrical and systems troubleshooting repair and preventive maintenance on equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s manuals, diagrams, sketches, etc.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Performs regularly scheduled preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and periodic safety checks to ensure optimal operation and minimal down time (inspections, oil & coolant changes, meter readings, equipment testing, etc.)
- Performs basic electrical/mechanical maintenance, troubleshooting and repair on production and building equipment (lubrication, filter changes, parts replacement, etc.)
- Collaborates with production team members to ensure planned or preventive maintenance, repairs and installations result in minimal disruption to production activities
- Complete inspections and logs results and issues as required
- Daily tasks may include belts changes, grease bearings, alignments and wire low voltage electrical motors
- Ensure grounds of property are well-maintained: remove and pick up trash, sweep curb of debris, check interior and exterior lights, and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry, etc)
- Perform outside custodial duties such as snow removal, application of salt, etc
- Follows all safety related policies, rules, regulations, technical instructions and guidelines.
- 3-5 years proven general maintenance experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment and/or technical certifications.
- General experience in all aspects of building maintenance, including HVAC, minor plumbing, electrical wiring capabilities, structural and general repairs are desired
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Capable of operating hand, power and specialized tools such as power saw, drills, hammer drill, pipe rodding tool, pumps, wrenches, etc.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with others to complete tasks
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally required to stand, climb, use hands to finger, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs and occasionally lift and or move up to 50lbs
An Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V