The IMS Companies Fabrication division located in Des Plaines, Illinois on approximately 290,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing space is seeking an experienced Engineering Project Manager. Enclosures, frames, cabinets, racks and console manufacturing are our core competencies. With over 70 years of experience, the IMS facility is a recognized leader in the design, manufacture and integration of standard or custom electronic racks, cabinets, enclosures and consoles for all segments of industry.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V.
Tour our Plant: https://www.imsep.com/tour-our-plant/
- Leads the project planning process including initiation, design, engineering, material procurement, assembly, commissioning, and close out
- Manage project implementation including project schedule, project budget and the project resources including external vendors and contractors
- Serves as the primary project authority for assigned project personnel and the fabrication operations staff on major project-related issues
- Direct project team and lead the project management process
- Responsible for metrics tracking, associated reporting to management, and compliance with regulatory, corporate and department procedures during all the phases of the project
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent industry related experience) from an accredited University required-engineering, engineering management, or project management discipline preferred
- Equivalent industry related experience is defined as 5+ years of professional experience in the sheet metal / fabrication industry
- Relevant experience includes large-scale project management, and/or project lead engineering experience on large/complex projects
- Knowledge and experience with project management processes and tools required
- Knowledge and understanding of ERP/MRP systems required
- Proficiency with financial analysis tools in a manufacturing setting required
- Knowledge and understanding of 3D CAD software required